- Mon, 11 DecZoom11 Dec 2023, 19:30 – 20:20Zoom
Sat, 18 Sept|
Newcastle upon Tyne
Newcastle March/Rally for COP26 Climate Action - Climate Justice
March and Rally to build for COP 26 protest in November. March through Newcastle followed by Rally with Chi Onwurah MP and North of Tyne mayor Jamie Driscoll See full list of speakers in info.
Time & Location
18 Sept 2021, 10:30 – 13:00
Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle Civic Centre, Newcastle upon Tyne NE99 1PX, UK
About the event
March and Rally to build for COP 26 protest in November.
More information and discussion: https://www.facebook.com/events/858980001405217/
March through Newcastle followed by Rally with Chi Onwurah MP and North of Tyne mayor Jamie Driscoll
- Meet at Civic Centre, Newcastle - 10.30am
- Rally starts - 11am
- Walk through City Centre to Grey's Monumnet for 12pm
- Speeches at Grey's Monument
Full list of speakers (not necessarily in this order)
- Chi Onwurah MP
- Jamie Driscoll - North of Tyne Mayor
- Liyanah Riyaz - Suffrage Sisters
- Taymar Pitman - Green Party
- Liam Tucker - Campaign Against Climate Change
- Phoebe and Gwen - North Tyneside Youth Strike for Climate
- Rakesh Prashara - FOE Community Organiser
- Ruth Drake - Greenpeace
- Jacky Doran - Climate Action Newcastle
- Craig - Medact
- Julie Ward - Culture Declares Emergency
- Bridget Corcoran - PCS union plus Young PCS
- Merike Williams - NEU Regional Council chair
- Suzanne Reid - Unite the UnionUnison tbc
- Holly Waddel - Northumberland Councillor
- Md Abir - Stand Up to Racism NE
- Vicki Gilbert - Tyne & Wear Passenger Transport Users Group
- Bill Corcoran - NUFC Foodbank
- Jo Ellis - SPACE (Safe Pedestrian and Cycling Environment)
UK will host the 26th UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties - COP26 - in Glasgow from 31st October to 12th November.
The ‘COP26 Coalition’ is a UK-based civil society coalition of groups and individuals organising towards mobilising around climate justice during COP26. Coalition members include environment and development NGOs, trade unions, grassroots community campaigns, faith groups, youth groups, migrant and racial justice networks.
‘COP26 North East Coalition’ has been formed with the intention of building a similarly broad local coalition of organisations to work with the ‘COP26 Coalition’ and ‘Campaign Against Climate Change’ to mobilise for climate justice across the region in the run up to the conference and to consider organising transport to a protest in Glasgow.